[Solved] Change mail merge settings causes file recovery

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
Corkran

[Solved] Change mail merge settings causes file recovery

Post by Corkran »

I have a new laptop running windows 11 home version. When I try to run labels, I cannot change the mail merge settings.
If I do, I have to "recover" any Open Office files I have open. Even the Bibliography selection has entries. I have checked to see that I am not syncronizing the labels. I cannot clear the Label text section. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Open Office version 4.1.13. The label program still has the entries in the Label text section.
 Edit: Changed subject, was Using Find in Calc
Make your post understandable by others -- robleyd, moderator 
Last edited by robleyd on Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tag solved, add green tick
Windows 11, OpenOffice 4.1.13
Mountaineer

Re: Using Find in Calc

Post by Mountaineer »

Corkran wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:02 am ...? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Open Office version 4.1.13
. ...
Re-install keeps your profile (intended), but so errors in the user-profile persist.

Try to rename the folder with your profile. Do NOT delete it, as you might wish to restore it later or rescue parts.

After a reset/rename of your profile OpenOffice will create a new one instead, so you will needbto re-create database connctions etc. But if you can use mail-merge again, check what can be moved and what need to be re-created.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Corkran

Re: Change mail merge settings causes file recovery

Post by Corkran »

Where do I find my profile?
Corkran

Post by Corkran »

Or, If I completely uninstall and remove my profile, I can re-install with new profile. I only use open office for a few things, I can re-establish links etc.
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

To find your profile do the following:

(1) First of all shutdown OpenOffice if you are using it and also Exit the QuickStarter in the System Tray if you use that.

(2) In the Address Bar of Windows File Explorer enter this (including the percent characters): %AppData% and press the Enter key on your keyboard.

(3) Explorer will show the location where you User Profile is stored. So look for the folder titled OpenOffice and (for now) rename it to OpenOffice.OLD Now you can launch OpenOffice and it will create a new, fresh, profile.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
Corkran

Post by Corkran »

This topic is solved. Th anks.