[Dropped] I don't see macro especially inside certified e-mail

Talk about anything at all....
Ambroken

[Dropped] I don't see macro especially inside certified e-mail

Post by Ambroken »

Hi!
updated to Catalina, downloaded OO 4.1.13, I don't see macro especially inside certified e-mail. Did everything and serched everywhere inside this forum too.
When I do "execute macro" (hope is correct I use italian version) it shows me up several type of macro and I don't know which one is correct. I tryed some but nothing happen.
Could someone help me to fix this?
Many thanks

Edit: Changed subject, was Java on macOS 10.15 (Catalina) 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Dropped: Ambroken seems to understand this is not an OpenOffice problem -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Macos 10.15
Opneoffice 4.1.13
Hagar Delest

Re: Java on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Could you please explain what is your problem exactly?
Running a macro is not something you do at random, you run a macro because you need what it does. It doesn't seem that your problem is running a specific macro.
Is your problem with installing Java? But do you actually need it?
It may help: Q06: How do I install Java for OpenOffice on a Mac?

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Ambroken

Post by Ambroken »

Hi and thanks
I work with goverment and inside their certified mails some data are macro (eg: personal infos, dates, etc.) So with this update to Catalina i don't see these data anymore.
Macos 10.15
Opneoffice 4.1.13
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You seem to mix macro with something else than what it is in a productivity suite. A macro as we know here is a piece of code that is designed to do something. It is used to add feature or automate series of action with documents or their content.

If your problem is related to mail, I don't see the link with OpenOffice.
Ambroken

Post by Ambroken »

it's OO to say that it's a macro's problem
In Word Microsoft I didn't have any issues.

Anyway if you say so, thanks for the help, my solution will be provide more money to mr. Gates
:roll:
Macos 10.15
Opneoffice 4.1.13
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice is not a clone of Ms Word and uses different macros; MS Word macros usually need a complete rewrite to run on OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

If a mail contains an attachment that is a MS Word file (.docx/.docm), then you need MS Word to open it and run the macro(s) inside.
But it has nothing to do with the mail itself. The issue is still not that clear.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Ambroken wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:30 pm I don't see macro especially inside certified e-mail.
If the certified email process which you're using was designed for Microsnot Word and Word macros, that is exactly what you must use. Word is different than Writer. Word macros are different than Writer macros. If you don't like the requirement to use Word, talk to the people who created the certified email process. You can't use Writer if the process is expecting Word.
Ambroken wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:30 pm So with this update to Catalina i don't see these data anymore.
OpenOffice has no email component. Thus the OpenOffice forum is not a good place to ask for help with email problems. If upgrading your operating system caused a change to your email application either you need to talk to Apple or to the company that makes your email application. If you get your email via a web browser, try a different web browser, maybe Firefox or Opera. OpenOffice has no web browser component.
Ambroken wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:30 pm Java on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Although you use the term Java in the subject you don't explain how Java is involved in this topic, so I ignored your reference to it.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Ambroken

Post by Ambroken »

Thanks for your time :)
Macos 10.15
Opneoffice 4.1.13