[Solved] Unable to draw a line.....

Discuss the drawing application
Subject to God

[Solved] Unable to draw a line.....

Post by Subject to God »

Gloria in excelsis Deo!
All my life I have had problems with the officepart of computing.
And now for once I am able to seek help with my problem.
This is the second time I write this, the first post just up and disappeared when I wanted to click "Preview"......
At least this time around I dont feel sick and nauseated.

When I open Draw I can draw a freehandline or more without a problem.
The problem occur when I have glued in a Print Screen picture and want to draw lines upon it.
I have been working with this particular picture for some time and at one point I managed to draw three freehandlines. At the moment there is none and I am unable to draw one.
I click on the line icon and it is highlighted, in the drawing sheet there is a cross with four arrows and I am only able to pull the picture around the drawing sheet.

Please help I feel so helpless.

Jesus Christ is the light of the world.
Attachments
Open office draw a line.pdf
(112.19 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Last edited by Subject to God on Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Windows 11 home
Please read Ecclesiastes 12:13 in the bible
FJCC

Re: Unable to draw a line.....

Post by FJCC »

Please upload your Draw file rather than a PDF containing an image of your Draw file.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Subject to God

Post by Subject to God »

FJCC wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:20 am Please upload your Draw file rather than a PDF containing an image of your Draw file.
I tried to upload it but it is too large....
Wetransfer may help...
https://we.tl/t-7RY0HY3szL
I closed OODraw and reopened the drawing, this time I was able to draw one freehandline before I met the wall.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I do not have any problem drawing free form lines on the image. I click the free form line tool, click and hold on the drawing and drag to define the line. When I release the mouse button, the line I just drew is selected, as denoted by the green squares around the area holding the line. If I click on the free form line tool again, I can draw another line. However, if after I draw a line I click on the image so that it is selected (green squares appear on the corners and edges of the image) then I cannot draw another line until I deselect the image by pressing the ESC key.
Does any of that work for you?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

May I suggest you read the Draw Guide. Click the Writer Guide link in my footer and you will see all the User Guides.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Subject to God

Post by Subject to God »

FJCC wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:54 am I do not have any problem drawing free form lines on the image... However, if after I draw a line I click on the image so that it is selected (green squares appear on the corners and edges of the image) then I cannot draw another line until I deselect the image by pressing the ESC key.
Does any of that work for you?
Yes ESC was the key.
Thanks alot!

I add the finished file if you are interested. Thanks again.
Farlig veikryss v Stjerneblokkveien bussholdeplass.pdf
This is what I wanted to create.
(113.01 KiB) Downloaded 251 times