[Solved] W11 and AOO 4.1.13: permission problem with standard account

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
megogliak

[Solved] W11 and AOO 4.1.13: permission problem with standard account

Post by megogliak »

Hi,

i've AOO 4.1.13 on Windows 11.

If i use AOO with administrator account, non problem, but if i use it with a standard account (without password) i have some problem such as:
- on some file i get the error "loading component library failed ...[]...oleautobridge.uno.dll" opening it. if i copy the file, on the copied version i have non problem
- if i change some setting (such as the default file extension on saving), procedure goes well (no error popup), but the chenge isn't saved (ex. if i come back on settings, the default file extension isn't changed)

I've already tried to:
- reinstall AOO
- give to "affected" user temporany admin permission and after roll back to standard

I'm pretty sure that it's a windows problem and i've already read thread about it, but they don't solve my problem.

Please do you know if there is a specific windows update package that is the cause of my problem (it began some weeks ago) so i can uninstall it? And/Or is possible to modify the standard extension of file on save function editing some AOO text files or windows registry?

Thank you.
Bye
Last edited by megogliak on Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Openoffice 3.1 on windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: W11 and AOO 4.1.13: (probably) permission problem with standard account

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Quick and dirty answer: try LibreOffice. It behaves much better than AOO it seems.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

There have been multiple posts of this type from OpenOffice users on Windows 10 and 11 systems. Often times the solution is just to install LibreOffice. There are several good reasons to change from OpenOffice to LibreOffice, some of which are given here: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.7.2 (x64) Fully installed to system on Windows 10 and Windows 11
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.7.2 (x86) [PortableApps] on Windows 10
megogliak

Post by megogliak »

Hagar Delest wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:04 pm Hi and welcome to the forum!
thank you.
Hagar Delest wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:04 pm
for sure!
LastUnicorn wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:11 pm There have been multiple posts of this type from OpenOffice users on Windows 10 and 11 systems.
i know. i've read the posts
LastUnicorn wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:11 pm There are several good reasons to change from OpenOffice to LibreOffice
i will try liberoffice, but before i want to solve this problem on openoffice; have you some suggestione? Thank you.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Check the tutorial Problems with Windows Defender on W10. It's caused by Windows Defender or your AV software.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In addition to the other advices: you may have to right click on both OpenOffice itself, as on its files, and select "Run as Administrator". If you think you have already done so, please recheck that the setting stuck.

Bear in mind that I have not used Windows since 2008. so my advice is based merely on what I have read on Forum about similar problems.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
megogliak

Re: [Solved] W11 and AOO 4.1.13: (probably) permission problem with standard account

Post by megogliak »

It was the AVG antivirus. The solution is often the simplest!

The AVG has identified AOO as a suspicious app and have put it in the blocked list. I have removed AOO from blocked list ( AVG -> settings -> General -> Blocked & Allowed Apps ) and setted it in the allow list and now AOO works well. I have also changed the setting of the default file extension in save funcion.

Thank you all for suggesions and support.
Bye