How to display text in combo box?

Creating and using forms
Chengpu@gmail.com

How to display text in combo box?

Post by Chengpu@gmail.com »

Hi, I am new to open office, and I have one naive question:
1) I have a table called record, which links to another table called importance with a foreign key importanceId.
2) Using the form wizard, I am able to create a form for record, with a combo box entry for importanceId, and with the content of the importance table displayed in the drop down of the combo box, such as "Not Categorized".
But I have two problems:
1) The text box of the combo box displays the importanceId 0 rather than the text "Not Categorized".
2) If I choose any other text in the dropdown, the text box of the combo box always becomes 0.
I am sure that this rudimental question is answered already. If so, please give me a pointer, because I am unable to find an answer to this.

Regards,
CP
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Windows 11
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: How to display text in combo box?

Post by UnklDonald418 »

It appears you should be using a List Box not a Combo Box look here for a Tutorial on the subject of Combo vs List Box
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/v ... p?t=89379
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11