[Solved] Apache won't download

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
chrijeff

[Solved] Apache won't download

Post by chrijeff »

I had to do... something... to my HP Stream that wiped out every program the machine hadn't come with--which included Apache. Now I'm trying to reinstall it, but I keep getting a message about "network issues," or something like that. Without Apache I can't word-process. What do I do now?
Last edited by thomasjk on Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked thread solved
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
LastUnicorn

Re: Apache won't download

Post by LastUnicorn »

Try downloading and installing LibreOffice instead. OpenOffice is pretty much dead now for lack of development. LibreOffice is actively developed and more up to date than OpenOffice.

In any case are the 'network issues' you are facing to do with downloading OpenOffice from the internet? Or are the issues to do with your operating system? In either case you would really need to state in full the 'network issues' messages you are seeing so that people can start to try and help.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
chrijeff

Post by chrijeff »

:D Thank you! That seems to have done it--I even have a LibreOffice icon on my desktop. And I have just opened the last file I was working on before the Big Crash. Will I receive notifications regarding updates? I used to get them for Apache.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

I use what gets called the 'Still' version of LibreOffice (so not the latest 'Fresh' version) and I have never had any automatic notifications of an update being available. That said if you go (menu) Help → Check for Updates... then it's an easy two-click process to check manually anyway. Maybe someone else could comment on this.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]