[Solved] Acronis anti-virus blocks OpenOffice

Talk about anything at all....
GBJazz

[Solved] Acronis anti-virus blocks OpenOffice

Post by GBJazz »

I was using open Office with OSX 10.12, Windows 10 and Parallels , since a long time i am using ACRONIS for safety puposes and backupstorage for my windows 10. Yesterday acronis stopped Open Office in my mac installation and moved it to the blacklist. The Operation was finished. I uninstalled open office .
This seems to be a critical issue.
I Have Activated ACRONIS since 2 Years, and yesterday OPEN Office was detected an closed permanent as ransomware.
Open Office has been moved to the ACTRONIS BLACKLIST . Its not possible to Open it again.

Edit: Changed subject, was OpenOffice is completely unusable 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neo Office 2.2.3
Hagar Delest

Re: Open Office is completely unusable

Post by Hagar Delest »

Isn't there any white list where you can add OpenOffice?
Else, try to see if LibreOffice is better accepted.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
GBJazz

Re: OpenOffice is completely unusable

Post by GBJazz »

Thank You , Libre Office is working without problems.
Neo Office 2.2.3
MrProgrammer

Re: OpenOffice is completely unusable

Post by MrProgrammer »

GBJazz wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:05 pm OPEN Office was detected [and] closed permanent as ransomware.
Many villains copy OpenOffice and load it with malware, then put links to the malware on the web and wait for people to install it. Make sure you have installed the real Apache OpenOffice. Use the download link at the bottom right of this page. You can compare the "checksum" of the file you downloaded with the published checksum on the Apache website, however this should not be necessary if you're sure you've downloaded from Apache.
Q03: How do I install OpenOffice on a Mac?
Q18: How do I verify the checksum for an installation file on a Mac?

If you've installed real Apache OpenOffice, then Acronis is blocking something it should not. Thus you have a problem with your antivirus software, not an OpenOffice problem. Ask Acronis why it is preventing OpenOffice from running.
Q59: Can I exchange documents between OpenOffice and iWork, Apple's office suite?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
GBJazz

Re: ACRONIS anti-virus blocks OpenOffice

Post by GBJazz »

The Answer is : Acronis declared OPEN OFFICE as ransomware. I have carried out the download of open office in 2020 from the official Apache OpenOffice Homepage. But i can Ask ACRONIS about this issue. Thank You
Neo Office 2.2.3
GBJazz

Post by GBJazz »

I still have the **.dmg files of apache open office in my time machine backup. This were marked as ransomeware . you can download this files from my dropbox account and test the dmg files if there is any malware :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/livpe3m37iqr ... 2_nya?dl=0
Neo Office 2.2.3
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

GBJazz wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:09 pm you can download this files from my dropbox account and test the dmg files if there is any malware :
Well, you should be doing this since it's your problem. However, I will check them for you.
Topic 108467 downloads $ ls -l
total 824496
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Guest  _guest  211063520 Jul 11  2021 Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.10_MacOS_x86-64_install_de.dmg
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Guest  _guest        119 Sep 11 11:51 Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.10_MacOS_x86-64_install_de.dmg.sha256.txt
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Guest  _guest  211066492 Nov 28  2020 Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.8_MacOS_x86-64_install_de.dmg
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Guest  _guest        118 Sep 11 11:51 Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.8_MacOS_x86-64_install_de.dmg.sha256.txt
Topic 108467 downloads $ shasum -c Apache_OpenOffice*.sha256.txt
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.10_MacOS_x86-64_install_de.dmg: OK
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.8_MacOS_x86-64_install_de.dmg: OK

The dmg files are from your dropbox account. I downloaded the sha256 checksum files today from Apache. The shasum command shows that the checksums of your files match what is expected. Thus the files you have downloaded are the official Apache files, and your anti-virus program is incorrectly categorizing them as malware. I think we can mark the topic as [Solved] since your anti-virus warning isn't an OpenOffice problem.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
GBJazz

Post by GBJazz »

Thank you for your support, maybe ACRONIS can clear this issue. Wish you a nice Sunday - Regards Gerhard
Neo Office 2.2.3
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

It is an Acronis set up.problem. Just tell Acronis nor to block AOO.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.