How to edit text formatting menu in writer?

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
librecobra

How to edit text formatting menu in writer?

Post by librecobra »

Hello
I am a new OpenOffice user. I use Groupedbar Compact.
I wanted to add heading 5 style to my interface and I did. However, it looks smoething like that:
________
Default paragraph style
Clear formatting
Heading 4
Quotations
Heading
Heading 5
________
Now I want to delete "Heading" that i previeved and move heading 5 to be under the fourth one.
How do I do that?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed signature OpenOffice 7.4.0-2 to LibreOffice 7.4.0-2; Moved topic to LibreOffice forum
Bill
Volunteer

Re: How to edit text formatting menu in writer?

Post by Bill »

"Heading" is added to the list whenever a style linked with "Heading" is applied in the document. AFAIK, there's no way to remove "Heading" without removing the link from the "Heading X" styles that have been used in the document. Regarding placing "Heading 5" directly below "Heading 4", AOO does that automatically, but it appears that LO won't add applied styles to the list above "Preformatted Text".
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
librecobra

Post by librecobra »

@Bill
I understand the first sentence completly.
However I have questions regardint the second one. What is AOO and LO?
Can't i change the default template?
Anyway
From what I see, with the new document, there is just the stock selection (AKA everything above and including preformatted text.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

AOO stands for Apache OpenOffice.
LO stands for LibreOffice.
AOO development stalls for years. LO is under active development.
They come from the same base (OpenOffice.org). The interface is almost the same but some differences result from the forking and the difference of development.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10