[Solved] Filenames become obscured when edited

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
Puzzled Penguin

[Solved] Filenames become obscured when edited

Post by Puzzled Penguin »

I hope I can explain this clearly. Mint 20.3 AOO 4.1.13. Same behavior with AOO 4.1.10

Whenever I edit a filename in an open/save/save as form the characters I attempt to delete remain in full view on the form. When I type in the new/replacement characters, they are placed on top of the characters I want to replace resulting in an obscured, unreadable mess.

I'm currently using default Cinnamon desktop. I've tried changing a few of the settings but no luck. I don't have this problem with LO, but I much prefer AOO and don't intend to switch. This behavior is consistent between my Desktop (Dell 9020) and Laptop (Dell E6510).

Is there a simple fix?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.13 on Linux Mint 20.3
MrProgrammer

Re: Filenames become obscured when edited

Post by MrProgrammer »

Puzzled Penguin wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:23 pm When I type in the new/replacement characters, they are placed on top of the characters I want to replace resulting in an obscured, unreadable mess.
Read the last post in [Solved] Over-written menu responses

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).