[Dropped] OO Draw: Remove Print Boundary Lines

Discuss the drawing application
martinwinlow

[Dropped] OO Draw: Remove Print Boundary Lines

Post by martinwinlow »

Hi,

I wish to take a screenshot of a OpenOffice drawing but I can't get rid of (what I assume are) the print boundaries which mess things up (see except of my drawing below)…

Regards, Martin Winlow
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 15.59.45.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 15.59.45.jpg (87.9 KiB) Viewed 6199 times
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dropped: No attachment provided when requested -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.2 MacOS10.11.6
DiGro

Re: OO Draw: Remove Print Boundary Lines

Post by DiGro »

See if setting the Margins to 0 gives some relief.

Format > Page > section Margins

AOO 4.1.15 (Dutch) on Windows 11. Scanned with Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure)
martinwinlow

Post by martinwinlow »

DiGro - Thanks, but I forgot to mention it's on a Mac! So, Format > Page > Margins - set all to zero.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 MacOS10.11.6
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It might be the case that you could use /Tools /Options /OpenOffice : Appearance (on Mac, Options is under Preferences) to set Object boundaries to "White", so that they don't show on-screen. Note: I have not tested this.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

martinwinlow wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:15 pm I wish to take a screenshot of a OpenOffice drawing but I can't get rid of (what I assume are) the print boundaries which mess things up (see except of my drawing below)…
The quickest way to get your problem solved is to attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself). Would you take a picture of your car to the mechanic and ask why it won't start? Your picture shows what you see, but not what is causing the line. We need your document to see how it is structured.

RoryOF wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 pm (on Mac, Options is under Preferences)
You won't find Options •under• Preferences; it •is• Preferences: Q00: Where is Tools → Options on a Mac?
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).