OpenOffice won't open any document

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
KristenH22

OpenOffice won't open any document

Post by KristenH22 »

For the past month or so, Open Office haven't been responding on my MacBook Air. I keep force quitting and restarting the app on my computer, even if I have to reboot my computer to fix a computer-related issue. I also had downloaded Open Office 3 last month and had gotten it to open after 10 times trying to opening it. Now I'm having the same issue with Open Office 3 and now with the recent download on 4 to open the same OO documents. Same error message with the rainbow spinning ball and not responding after I force quit it and then open it. I also get this message that I'm opening the application of Open Office 4 for the first time. Every time I hit open, it bounces and doesn't open the app. And sometimes I don't get the message at all. This have been going on for 3 hours now and no luck. I had given permission to open it in preferences since I get the malware prevention error message. I've also tried to do the Task Manager option, but I'm not able to do it that way. Anyway to fix this issue? I'm thinking of converting all of my documents to Google or WPS since I'm tired of this ongoing not-responding OO issue all the time, when I get the damn app to open up. Please help ASAP!
Open Office 2-4 on Macintosh MacBook Air Monterey 12.4
MrProgrammer

Re: Open Office won't open any document

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
KristenH22 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:11 pm I also get this message that I'm opening the application of Open Office 4 for the first time. … Please help ASAP!
Please search first before posting. You could have found some of the topics below instead of waiting for a reply.

2021-02-23: [Solved] Apple Big Sur Gatekeeper won't verify
2021-05-23: [Solved] Can't open application after download
2021-06-24: [Solved] New iMac won't accept Apache OpenOffice
2021-06-30: [Solved] OpenOffice.org.app needs to be updated for Catalina
2021-07-03: [Solved] Cannot open OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Catalina
2021-07-14: [Solved] Mac won't open OpenOffice
2021-08-19: [Solved] Mac/Catalina Not allowing update
2021-08-26: [Solved] OpenOffice Will Not Open
2021-10-04: [Solved] Mac won't open the application
2021-10-24: [Solved] BigSur 11.2.2 cannot verify OpenOffice
2021-11-16: [Solved] Can't open OpenOffice: Developer not verified
2022-01-14: [Solved] OpenOffice cannot be opened: Developer not verified

KristenH22 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:11 pm I also had downloaded Open Office 3 last month
OpenOffice 3 is very old. MacOS Monterey is very new. That seems like a bad combination. I am sure that no developer has tested OpenOffice 3 on Monterey.

KristenH22 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:11 pm I'm thinking of converting all of my documents …
You can use Numbers, which is a spreadsheet from Apple which is already installed on Monterey. Numbers also runs on iPad and iPhone.
Q59: Can I exchange documents between OpenOffice and iWork, Apple's office suite?

If we have answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
KristenH22

Post by KristenH22 »

Thanks for replying. I visited most of those forum posts before but nothing happened. Not even Task Manager when I'm not able to open it on Macintosh. But Open Office 4 isn't opening either. Am I doomed?
Open Office 2-4 on Macintosh MacBook Air Monterey 12.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice