OpenOffice 4.1.13 crashes on MacOS Monterey 12.5

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
raposo

Post by raposo »

Hi guys,

After last update of my MacOS Monterey to version 12.5 Open Office app doesn't want to open. OO is in the newest version, freshly installed once again.

Before OS update, I had the similar issues occasionally but now it's permanently, every time when I try to open any file or only the app.

What happens? Here are screenshots. If you need something more, let me know... I'm in dead end :?

I'm using Mac Pro M1 2020.
2.jpg
2.jpg (106.62 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (76.69 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
 Edit: Changed subject, was OpenOffice 14.1.13 issue on MacOS Monterey 12.5 
AOO 14.1.13 does not exist. I believe you intend identify 4.1.13 as your version. 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed subject to provide correct version
MacOS Monterey 12.5
OpenOffice 14.1.13
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

raposo wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 pm After last update of my MacOS Monterey to version 12.5 Open Office app doesn't want to open.
Q02: How do I create a new profile on a Mac?
• Q28: How do I use the Guest User account to run a test?
• Q59: Can I exchange documents between OpenOffice and iWork, Apple's office suite?

If you can reproduce the problem on the Guest User account, you will probably need to switch to LibreOffice or to Numbers. The latter is probably already installed on Monterey since it is from Apple. Numbers also runs on iPad and iPhone.

If the Guest User account is successful, you can try a profile reset on your usual account. If the profile reset does not solve the problem, switch to LibreOffice or to Numbers.

This is a user-to-user forum. Developers don't look at these discussions, and users here can't fix OpenOffice. MacOS crash reports are of no value to us.
Survival guide

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Jan_J

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.13 crashes on MacOS Monterey 12.5

Post by Jan_J »

If you find the problem reproducible with new account and with fresh configuration, it could be submitted as a bug to Apache bugzilla service https://bz.apache.org/ooo/ if nobody did it in the past.
I do not expect that it would be assigned and fixed in short time due to residual activity of AOO team. Switch to LibreOffice is recommended anyway.
JJ ∙ https://forum.openoffice.org/pl/
LO (7.6) ∙ Python (3.11|3.10) ∙ Unicode 15 ∙ LᴬTEX 2ε ∙ XML ∙ Unix tools ∙ Linux (Rocky|CentOS)