[Solved] Crashing (index out of bounds)

Post by riverwolf »

Thanks for taking the time to help me.
Open Office keeps crashing on me.
How do i find the reply to my question?

I get the following notice -

Open Office 4.1.11 - Fatal Error
index out of bounds

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply, email removed (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] (application conflict) -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Open Office 3.2.1 on Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: crashing

Post by Zizi64 »

How do i find the reply to my question?
Maybe you will find answer based on more details and informations.

Open Office 4.1.11 - Fatal Error
index out of bounds
Is it an error message in the Basic IDE, or in Calc, or in some other Application?
It is happened with one specific document file only or with any files (included the new, empty documents)?
Can you upload a screenshot about the error message here? Note ther file size limit is 128 KiB in this Forum. Use 64 color PNG file for the image.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: crashing

Post by Hagar Delest »

Seems to be a Mac issue, see this query.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
riverwolf

Re: Crashing (index out of bounds)

Post by riverwolf »

I am using a MacBook Air. It has happened repeatedly with many different documents saved as either .odt or .doc . i don't use the other app to Open Office often so don't know if it would happen with them or not. Sometimes it will happen with new documents and sometimes with older ones. i don't see a pattern. Thanks for helping me try to solve this problem.
Open Office 3.2.1 on Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
MrProgrammer

Re: Crashing (index out of bounds)

Post by MrProgrammer »

riverwolf wrote:I get the following notice - Open Office 4.1.11 - Fatal Error - index out of bounds
Mac FAQ Q40/A40: What might cause: Fatal Error - index out of bounds?
riverwolf wrote:How do i find the reply to my question?
You will be notified via email of a reply if you enabled that forum feature. All replies are in this topic below your initial post.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).