[Solved] MacOS cannot verify OpenOffice «Q05»

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
epsobolik

[Solved] MacOS cannot verify OpenOffice «Q05»

Post by epsobolik »

I had OpenOffice 4.1.2 installed on my MacBook with Monterey (12.2.1). I installed 4.1.11 and now it won't run. I get an error that the developer can't be verified and that macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware. Any ideas?
 Edit: Changed subject, was Installing 4.1.11 on macOS 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]; Mac FAQ Q05/A05 addresses this situation
OpenOffice version 4.1.11; macOS Monterey 12.2.1; MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015); Intel Quad core i7
RusselB

Re: Installing 4.1.11 on macOS

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Details regarding most, if not all, Mac problems can be found in the Mac FAQ
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
epsobolik

Re: Installing 4.1.11 on macOS

Post by epsobolik »

I looked at the FAQs. I went to the ~/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice/4 folder and renamed the 'user' folder and ran OpenOffice. It said that OpenOffice was already opened. It wasn't, but it gave me the option to run it anyway. When I did that there was a setup wizard. Once I completed that, OpenOffice ran. I exited from it and ran it again. No message this time. So, I guess it's running now. It would be helpful if the FAQ mentioned that the ~/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice folder is hidden and that entering the entire path is the only way to get to it.
OpenOffice version 4.1.11; macOS Monterey 12.2.1; MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015); Intel Quad core i7