[Solved] Can't make fields take enough characters

Creating and using forms
Meer

[Solved] Can't make fields take enough characters

Post by Meer »

I am working on a database of my collection. When I type in all the information I want into a record, first of all, the save button is grayed out so I can't just save it. So I go to close it and it asks me if I want to save it, so I say yes. Then I get this error message:
database-error.png
So I think that maybe it's telling me that the "Condition" field entry is too long. It is a small paragraph describing the condition the item is in.

So I go into edit the form, I get to the properties of the text box, find "Max. text length" and increase the number there, save the form. Then I go back to put my information into the form again, but the same thing happens and I get the same error. I try to make the "Max. text length" a very large number so it can't possibly be too short. But I can't seem to get it any higher than 30,000. It won't save anything higher I put there. Still, I think that should be enough. But still, I can't save my records in the form.

What am I doing wrong? Or have I misinterpreted the error message completely and it means something else? I am at a loss, can someone please help me?

My apologies if this question has been asked before, I searched but couldn't find anything like what my problem is.

I am using OpenOffice 41.11 on Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Last edited by robleyd on Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tag [Solved]
OpenOffice 41.11 on Windows 10
F3K Total
Volunteer

Re: Can't make fields take enough characters

Post by F3K Total »

Hello,
for me it looks as if the field "Condition" in table "My Little Kitty Puppy Bunny" is too short.
Let's say it's a VARCHAR column, then e.g. execute

Code: Select all

Alter table "My Little Kitty Puppy Bunny" alter "Condition" VARCHAR(200)
via Menue Tools/SQL.. to set the length of "condition" to 200 characters.
Afterwards in Area "Tables", select Menue View/Refresh Tables, then edit table "My Little Kitty Puppy Bunny" an have a look onto the new lenght of column "Condition".
R
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
Meer

Re: Can't make fields take enough characters

Post by Meer »

Oh thank you very much! I got it fixed now, everything works as it should! Thanks! :)
OpenOffice 41.11 on Windows 10