[Solved] Automatic calculations not performed

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
tacoma

[Solved] Automatic calculations not performed

Post by tacoma »

Hello,
Just recently when I change a calculated field value in the program, it no longer updates the field to the new number. Very frustrating when I do numerical updates and the new final calculated field doesn't change. But, it will indicate the new value if I go to the command line and delete one number in the formula and then put it back in. When you have a dozen or so changes, kind of a pain in the butt. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on windows 10
MrProgrammer

Re: Open office 4 spreadsheets

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
tacoma wrote:Just recently when I change a calculated field value in the program, it no longer updates the field to the new number. Very frustrating when I do numerical updates and the new final calculated field doesn't change. But, it will indicate the new value if I go to the command line and delete one number in the formula and then put it back in.
Do you have Tools → Cell Contents → AutoCalculate enabled? If not, do that. If the problem continues with AutoCalculate on, attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself). Specify which cell in which sheet you are changing when "it no longer updates the field to the new number" and which cell in which sheet you expect to see altered. I will not help further without an attachment and the information about those cells.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know

You have posted in the LibreOffice forum, but your forum signature (bottom of your post) indicates you use OpenOffice 4.1.7. I have replied based on your forum signature. If needed, fix your forum signature in User Control Panel → Profile → Edit Signature.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
keme
Volunteer

Re: Automatic calculations not performed

Post by keme »

If you want your formulas to immediately recalculate when source data changes, menu item Tools - Cell contents - AutoCalculate should be ticked (active). Select that menu item to toggle activation on/off.
tacoma

Re: Automatic calculations not performed

Post by tacoma »

Thank you so much!!!!! Worked like a charm.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on windows 10