[Solved] Unable to save table

Discuss the database features
spursystarman

[Solved] Unable to save table

Post by spursystarman »

I am trying to create a table in design view but whatever I do, when it is time to save it, an error message pops up "Unexpected token in statement" followed by the underlying SQL statement, or at least part of it, the rest not being visible in the small alert box. Since there is no data at all in the table yet, what is the problem? I thought possibly one of the field names might be a reserved word (one field was called min which I suppose could be a reserved word for 'minimum' so I changed that to mins). Still throws the same error!
I have a primary key.
The DB is not registered (whatever that means!)
Every field is just text, as the table is going to be used only to import from a comma-delimited text file, and will be viewed only.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
openoffice 4.1.2 on windows 7
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Unable to save table

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Make sure you don't have an apostrophe of quotation marks in any of your field names or the table name. An inadvertent non-printing control character in one of the field names could also trigger that error message.
If you still can't find it, give us a list of the field names you want to use. We might be able to suggest a SQL command to create the table bypassing the GUI.
Registering a database makes the data available to other OO modules such as Calc and Writer, but is not mandatory.
From the main menu select Tools>Options to open the Options dialog.
Expand the OpenOffice Base tab and select Databases
You will see a list of registered databases which you can Add new entries, Delete or Edit existing entries on the list.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11