[Solved] MSVCR90.DLL not found

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
drmaunuk

[Solved] MSVCR90.DLL not found

Post by drmaunuk »

I just downloaded and installed latest ooo i.e. 3.1 version. on executing soffice.exe i am getting error message saying : soffice.exe - unable to locate component. This application has failed to start because MSVCR90.DLL was not found. Re-installing may fix this problem."
I reinstalled the programme without success. I downloaded the dll file and placed it in c:/windows/system. then i got another error message saying : soffice.exe - application error " The application failed to initialize properly (0x80000003). Click on OK to terminate the application."
Last edited by drmaunuk on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.2.X on Ms Windows XP + UBUNTU 8.1
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: oo error messages.

Post by Villeroy »

You may want to test your downloaded package for integrity: http://download.openoffice.org/md5sums.html
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
drmaunuk

Post by drmaunuk »

Thanks for your reply.
But digestit says that hash verification matches.
is there any other solution?
drmaunuk

Post by drmaunuk »

I found the solution.
It is because of .menifest files being created in program directory.
I deleted all the files with **.exe.menifest extension and it just worked fine.
Angela S.

Re: [Solved] MSVCR90.DLL not found

Post by Angela S. »

I just upgraded OpenOffice from 3.2.0 to 3.3.0 and then got the error message MSVCR90.DLL could not be found.
I did re-install OO 3.3.0, but then the next day after restarting the laptop did have the same problem.
The file is indeed missing on the location that is given. I now seem to have it solved by copying the file MSVCR80.DLL to MDVCR90.DLL...
OpenOffice 3.2.0 on Win2000 Pro
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Win2000 Pro
rudolfo
Volunteer

Post by rudolfo »

Angela S. wrote:I now seem to have it solved by copying the file MSVCR80.DLL to MDVCR90.DLL...
Not really a good idea. Particularly not if you've done this in your system32 directory.
MS VC R stands fro MicroSoft Visual C Runtime. Typically each new version of the MS Visual C++ Compiler or Visual Studio Product comes with a new version of this Dll that contains most of the essential functionality of the common C libraries (opening files, manipulating strings, etc.) These runtime Dll are backward compatible so MSVCR90.DLL contains all functions of MSVCR80.DLL and accepts the same type of parameters for these functions. But not the other way round.
In other words sooner or later your will use one functionality of the OpenOffice installation that will use one of the new functions of the 90.dll and will cause the application to crash.
google for msvr90.dll or download the mysql extension, install it an then search your user profile for the msvr90.dll. This extension includes the ..90.dll

And please follow the forum guidlines. Don't post into an existing thread. Better to start a new one and reference the other posting from this new thread. This one is marked as [Solved] it will be ignored by most of the regular users here. Your chance fo r an answer are low, and even more important as it is not your own thread (because you haven't started it) you can't mark the first post as [Solved] or [Issue] or whatever because you are not allowed to modify posts of others.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
rhmitul

Post by rhmitul »

My wireless adapter is not worked and i've been trying to get it to work on my os winxp but it says missing that specific dll. I've been all over the net in search of this dll.. but still can not solved .. plz help..
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

This is not an OpenOffice question, as it concerns a wireless adapter not working under Ubuntu (9.04 - an old version). You should try a search in ubuntuforums.org, using the name of your wireless adapter to get relevant replies.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS