Fedora 8

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
jdrainey

Fedora 8

Post by jdrainey »

i have downloaded oo for linux but the setup files will not run. i installed the java jre package but the setup file will not run. i am running fedora 8 desktop. thanks for any info. the fedora site says oo is included but the only office aps i have are abiword and gnumeric spreadsheet.
acknak

Re: Fedora 8

Post by acknak »

Yes, OOo is included with Fedora 8--you should use the distribution packages unless you have a good reason not to.

OOo probably isn't installed by default. Try the Applications > Add/Remove Software menu, that should let you select and install OpenOffice.org.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
AlexDudko

Re: Fedora 8

Post by AlexDudko »

This must have been an installation from a Gnome-Live-CD. It really doesn't have OpenOffice packages on disk.
But you may install it in two ways: first, a GUI one, was mentioned above; the second, a terminal one, is also very easy -
just enter: "yum install openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-math openoffice.org-writer openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-impress openoffice.org-draw" and press Enter.
Though I didn't have any trouble in installing OpenOffice from a downloaded from http://www.openoffice.org/ .bin file.
LibO 3.5.4 on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit