[Solved] Table Boundaries

Discuss the word processor
abulifia

[Solved] Table Boundaries

Post by abulifia »

Hello -

I have a template for labels that works fine, the problem is that OO v. 3.x continues to print the table boundaries *despite*

(1) Having disabled boundaries in table properties

(2) Having unchecked under tools>options>openofc.org>appearance table boundaries as well as text boundaries

(3) Having hit F11>page styles>modify> selecting "none" under line and "set no borders" under line arrangement.

I saved the template in question as a new template, printed a test page and the borders still print. This is unacceptable.

Please help.

If you want the template, give me your email address & I will attach it as an .ott

Thx.
 Edit: For some strange reason, borders were added in this template. It's probably a carry over I missed from the original template I borrowed from a brand name label manufacturer when I converted the template to an .ott file. Removing the borders individually does solve the problem. It was a simple solution, but first you had to realize that the borders were there in the first place. It was difficult to see them. 
Attachments
file folders.odt
(11.18 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Last edited by abulifia on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Table Boundaries

Post by acknak »

Hmm, as far as I know, OOo is not capable of printing any of the on-screen boundaries. The lines in your printout must be specified somewhere in your document, or there is some kind of graphics glitch with your printer.

Do you see the boundaries in File > Page Preview?

If you export to PDF and view / print that, do you still see the boundaries?

It's not absolutely necessary to email the document--you can attach it here; just make an empty sample so as not to reveal private data.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
abulifia

Post by abulifia »

acknak wrote:Hmm, as far as I know, OOo is not capable of printing any of the on-screen boundaries. The lines in your printout must be specified somewhere in your document, or there is some kind of graphics glitch with your printer.

Do you see the boundaries in File > Page Preview?

YES

If you export to PDF and view / print that, do you still see the boundaries?

YES

It's not absolutely necessary to email the document--you can attach it here; just make an empty sample so as not to reveal private data.

.ODT file was uploaded in my original posting. BTW boundaries, borders and draw objects were all selected and set to line style "none" and the lines still print. Also, exactly what kind of "glitch" could there be with the printer? To my knowledge and experience, the printer prints exactly what is specified in the software. There isn't a setting in my printer to either by default or having enabled it manually to print boundaries, borders and draw objects in OO Writer.
Last edited by abulifia on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

abulifia wrote:.ODT file was uploaded in my original posting.
Yes, but you offered to email the .ott.
Gurkha Welfare Trust
abulifia

Post by abulifia »

TheGurkha wrote:
abulifia wrote:.ODT file was uploaded in my original posting.
Yes, but you offered to email the .ott.
Here ya go.
Attachments
file folders.ott
.OTT file
(11.18 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

It's not the table borders.

You have an object in each table cell, and it is the borders of these objects that are being printed. I don't understand why you have them in your labels templates to be honest, as they won't add anything, especially if you don't want them printed.

If you left-click onto one of the rounded 'corner lines' you'll see a series of light-blue grab-handles and a yellow dot appear. You'll know you've selected the object.
Selected Object
Selected Object
SelectedObject.jpg (9.88 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
Then either:

Format > Object > Line... > Line Tab > Style drop down, set it to Invisible
or
Delete the object altogether.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Gurkha Welfare Trust