How to edit a PDF

Not sure where to post? Post here!
dbudmike

How to edit a PDF

Post by dbudmike »

I have vista and can not figure out how to change my resume from .pdf to .doc so I can edit. I can change it to .odf but I still am unable to edit. I do not what to hand type my whole resume just to make the changes. Please help. Thanks.

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply. (TheGurkha, Moderator)
OOo 2.3.X on MS Windows Vista
FJCC

Re: editing

Post by FJCC »

The standard OpenOffice.org can't edit PDF files. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can change the document into a .odf. There is an extension here that claims to allow very simple editing. In general PDF files are meant just for reading, not editing, unless you have the full blown Adobe program.. How did you originally make the file?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: How to edit a PDF

Post by TheGurkha »

+1.

The PDF extension is for very small localised edits - like correcting a typo for instance. What package was used to to create the PDF in the first place?
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust