[Solved] Frustrated newbie - XP2003 extensions

Not sure where to post? Post here!
TonyVT

[Solved] Frustrated newbie - XP2003 extensions

Post by TonyVT »

I just started using Open Office and have many MS Word docs (2003 version). I'm hoping for an easy way to move back and forth between machines having OO3 and MS Word 2003. I tried to create an OO3 document in the default extension and then print it on another machine running MS Word but the default extension only resulted in a bunch of strange characters looking nothing like what I created in the OO doucment.

I was able to paste the OO doucment into an email, send it to myself, copy and paste to a MS Word doc, clear the formatting and go from there. I'm a freelance writer and this process would not be efficient for emailing finished articles to my editor so I'm hoping there is a simple solution.

Which of the many OO3 file extensions alternatives should I use to make it easy to move back and forth between operating systems? I tried to find the answer in various pages of OO.org but ended up back where I started.

Many thanks for your help. I hope there is a simple solution because I really don't want to go back to using MS Office.
Last edited by TonyVT on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Frustrated newbie - XP2003 extensions

Post by Hagar Delest »

See: Opening OOorg documents w/Microsoft Word.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10