[Solved] Toolbar Icon Tooltips Text and Background colors

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
sirknucklehead

[Solved] Toolbar Icon Tooltips Text and Background colors

Post by sirknucklehead »

I've just started using Linux Mint 6 and OpenOffice 2.4 so excuse me, in advance, if this is a dumb question. When using spreadsheet and I point to the standard toolbar icons, the popup explanation box background and text are nearly the same color - thus unreadable. I've tried everything I can think of (both in Mint and OpenOffice + forum searches) to change how these display, to no avail. I do not have this problem in other applications, only oo. Thanks for any help on the topic.

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply. (TheGurkha, Moderator)
Last edited by sirknucklehead on Sun May 31, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Linux-Other
acknak

Re: Toolbar Icon Tooltips Text and Background colors

Post by acknak »

Greetings, and welcome to the forum!

I've never seen any colors for tooltips except black text on a yellow background, and I don't know of any setting within OOo to change the colors.

Are you running the OOo packaged by your distribution, or did you download it from OO.org?

OOo 2.4 is rather old at this point. You may want to look into getting a more recent version.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
sirknucklehead

Post by sirknucklehead »

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the tooltips are black on a black to dark gray. The application was packaged with Linux Mint 6. I guess I'll look into upgrading and see if that fixes it. That will probably present a whole new realm of problems! Thanks again.
OOo 2.4.X on Linux-Other
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Do you use a dark theme for your desktop? Else, try the official version from Sun: [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
sirknucklehead

Post by sirknucklehead »

Installing 3.1 fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.
OOo 2.4.X on Linux-Other
amd64

Re: [Solved] Toolbar Icon Tooltips Text and Background color

Post by amd64 »

Okay, here is how I solved this in Kubuntu

systemsettings >> application appearance >> color

either select a different scheme (oxygen cold worked) or edit the color of the tooltip background.
OpenOffice 3.4.4 on Ubuntu 11.10