How to include Image within a single table cell?

Discuss the word processor
khaverblad

How to include Image within a single table cell?

Post by khaverblad »

How do one include an image/logo within a single cell? In my case I have defined a 3 column 1 row table in the page header and when trying to paste or import an image to the cell in image is pasted into the main document body and not to the table cell. Guess that I'm missing out something here.

Another question is how to get ride of the extra line feed after the table in the header?
Attachments
Page Header
Page Header
pageheader.gif (1.27 KiB) Viewed 11524 times
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: How to include Image within a single table cell?

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

it looks like you need to right-click the image and then select Anchor > As Character. That seems to work for me.

As for the carriage return after the table, I've not managed to get rid of it yet.
 Edit: As a workaround, you can put your cursor directly before teh carriage return and then set the size of the font to 1 point. 
If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

khaverblad wrote:Another question is how to get ride of the extra line feed after the table in the header?
-> [Solved] Table within a table; rogue space.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Fundi

Post by Fundi »

Yes, to make it simple you must use the convert text to table feature when creating the table to have no empty paragraph trailing your table.

Fundi
If the answer helped you solve the problem please set the subject o the thread to solved. :-)
Sleeper

Post by Sleeper »

I have tried using the anchor function as you suggested, but there is no 'character' option, only page and cell, neither of which seem to work. I am using 3.0.0 by the way. Is there a new method for this in 3?
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista
acknak

Post by acknak »

It seems that you're working in Calc (spreadsheet). This thread is discussing tables in Writer, the OOo word processor.

Calc does not support anchoring an image "inside" a cell, unfortunately.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23