[Solved - Partially] Printing range of cells problem

Discuss the spreadsheet application
wideboards

[Solved - Partially] Printing range of cells problem

Post by wideboards »

I highlighted a range of cells and successfully printed that. I then highlighted a different range and attempted to print that. The first range printed again. I shut down the program, reloaded it, highlighted the print range required. It printed the first range yet again. What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing right? :o
Last edited by wideboards on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wideboards

Re: Printing range of cells problem

Post by wideboards »

Ha! In the end I solved it myself by reference to other problems. The solution is not ideal or particularly simple and straightforward. I highlighted the range of cells I wanted to print, then went to 'View' where the second command down is Page Break Preview which then displayed three ranges of cells - 1 set of which I had never highlighted. The middle range was highlighted white with a blue border. This is the range already printed. I left clicked on the blue border, pulled it to the left across to the range I actually wanted to print, and lo-and-behold, the range I wanted became highlighted - not in white but in dark grey - but it printed!

I am not convinced this is the correct procedure, but it does work - at least on relatively limited ranges of cells. There must be a better and simpler way of doing this. There should be a 'Set Print Area' command under 'File' - but there isn't. The 'Page Break Preview' should be with the Print commands under File - but then I suppose if it all looks just like Excel, then it is Excel and it would be Microsoft!
maxqnz

Post by maxqnz »

I haven't been able to replicate this in 2.4.0 under WinXP. I used File>Print, and "Selected cells", and each time, the range printed was the one currently selected. So if it is a problem in 2.3.x, maybe that means it's been fixed in the upcoming releases, which might be good news for you.
non sum uni angulo natus, patria mea totus hic mundus est. - Seneca
The world's about to end... lucky escape for Arsenal if it did. - Douglas Adams
What's a pieriansipist?
huw
Volunteer

Post by huw »

A print range has become defined. To see it, use the menu option View > Page Break Preview, which will make everything else grey (use View > Normal to get out), or see the definition with Format > Print Ranges > Edit...

It will also cause problems if you try to print from another sheet.

You can clear it with Format > Print Ranges > Remove