How Do I Modify a Website?

Discuss the presentation application
rosse

How Do I Modify a Website?

Post by rosse »

I'm trying to modify my website using OpenOffice. It is currently being developed and I'm trying to tweek out the bugs. I was told that I could use OpenOffice like powerpoint and present it to the web designer so that he can make the changes that I request. I was told that I could show the web designer the changes I want by typing in text next to the web pages that need the changes. I have no idea how to do this. I downloaded the free version of OpenOffice, but I have no idea where to begin. Can anyone help??? Please!!! Or, at least, point me in the right direction. Thanks!
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Re: How Do I Modify a Website?

Post by Hagar Delest »

rosse wrote:I was told that I could use OpenOffice like powerpoint and present it to the web designer so that he can make the changes that I request. I was told that I could show the web designer the changes I want by typing in text next to the web pages that need the changes.
What you've been told I think is to use Impress to take a screenshot of the page, put it on a slide and show the changes you want to do.

If you want to really modify a website, OOo is not the better tool. Look at KompoZer for example (several threads about that here).

NB: OOo is free! Some people sell it, they can do that.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

I think Hagar is correct - no one in their right mind would try to use Impress to modify a web site, but you could easily take a screenshot of a page and put that into an Impress slide and then annotate it with the changes uou'd like the developer to make.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
rosse

Post by rosse »

TheGurkha wrote:I think Hagar is correct - no one in their right mind would try to use Impress to modify a web site, but you could easily take a screenshot of a page and put that into an Impress slide and then annotate it with the changes uou'd like the developer to make.

Thanks for the response. I hate to sound like a total dummy, but how do I go about taking a screenshot and putting that into an Impress slide and annotate it with changes?
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust