[Solved] Default Template Opens Wrong File

Using them, Making them, Finding them
dgsarnow

[Solved] Default Template Opens Wrong File

Post by dgsarnow »

I am working with openoffice 3.0.1 on a Vista environment. I have created a default template, but when I open it, it opens another file entirely. I have found a previous thread on this, but it was for openoffice 2.0 and I am not sure what to do.

Please help!

Dave
Last edited by dgsarnow on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 | Ubuntu 9.04
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: URGENT - Default Template Opens Wrong File

Post by Villeroy »

The template should be stored in your user in order to appear in the templates hierarchy. By default your profile's templates are in Vista-folder: \Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3\user\Templates
In menu:Tools>Options...OOo>Paths there may be defined another or additional paths for templates.
May be you have ambiguous template names?

If you want to be shure that the templates are unique
- store a backup of the wrongly opened template
- open the file
- store it by means of menu:File>Templates>Save...
This should take care of unambiguous templates, overwriting the wrong one if required.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
dgsarnow

Post by dgsarnow »

I completely failed to mention that I am using a template from a network location. I don't know if that changes things.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

That is not so important since you did not mention anything you are actually doing (file>open? file>template>open? explorer?, outlook?).
This is why I tried to outline the general concept, involved settings and how a user sets up his personal hierarchy.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
dgsarnow

Re: Default Template Opens Wrong File

Post by dgsarnow »

I solved my own problem. It seems that there were two files that had different file names, but had the same Title in the properties. In the template organizer they got fused.

Thanks for the help.