Change Icon in ObjectDock

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
waffles

Change Icon in ObjectDock

Post by waffles »

I would like to change the icon that OpenOffice uses in the title bar. But I can't figure out how to do that at all. Normally I would just go into the properties of the executable and change it there, but OpenOffice won't let me do that. And I can't change the icon on ObjectDock (which is the main reason I want to change the OO icons in the first place).

It's the open files that show up in the dock that are causing the problem and not a shortcut to an OO program file itself. I've labeled a screen shot just to make sure everyone know which icons I'm talking about. As you can see, that icon is really pixelated and ugly.

On a related note (and I'm combining these because I think they go together), I keep finding these icon packs around the internet and have no idea how to install them. I've tried Google for the past couple days and haven't gotten any closer to figuring out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using XP and OpenOffice 3.0.1. If you need to know anything else I'll happily add that information.
 Edit: Embedded the pic in the post. Hagar (Moderator). 
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Hagar Delest

Re: Change Icon in ObjectDock

Post by Hagar Delest »

Does ObjectDock allow the customization of the icons? If so, you just need to download better icons. Else, I don't know how you could change an application icon. Look at the keys in the registry, there should have some for the default icons, they should lead to the icon file on the HD.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
vnvnvn2000

Re: Change Icon in ObjectDock

Post by vnvnvn2000 »

I'm not using Object dock now since It uses lots of Resources in this matter Rocket dock is the best
But I recall that you can change an picture of a Object dock item (docklet) by Right clicking on the docklet and navigating to Docklet properties or something like hat
Sorry, I don't remember the exat name of it but it's there
Luggage Bags
OOo 2.2.X on Ms Windows XP