Change page layout from portrait to landscape

Discuss the drawing application
sanmonei

Change page layout from portrait to landscape

Post by sanmonei »

I can't find how to open up the Wizard in Draw to change the page from portrait to landscape. Also why are there so many features unavailable? anyone knows? It also said somewhere this program is compatible with microsoft office 2007 but when I tried to open up my power point presentation, it distorted the slides images totally..???? any answers as to why?
Thanks for helping (please answer me in detail, do not know anything about these programs, it takes me hours to figure out how to work something, not knowledgeable at all) thanks email: sanmonei<at>hotmail.com

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply. (Hagar, Moderator).
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
squenson
Volunteer

Re: need help please

Post by squenson »

Welcome to this forum sanmonei!

I suggest that you read the "Survival guide" of this forum, it gives clear advices about posts: only one question per post, meaningful title, don't put your e-mail in the message, etc.

In Draw, use the menu Format > Page, then select landscape.

I don't know what you mean by "so many features unavailable". This is most probably normal if you have no object selected, as many features are activated only when you have a proper object selected.

It is not said anywhere on OpenOffice.org that OOo is compatible with Microsoft Office 2007. It is said that OOo can open and save files in Microsoft Office 2003 format. Also, the equivalent of PowerPoint is Impress, not Draw. Try with this tool and if you still face some issues, let us know.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
keme
Volunteer

Re: need help please

Post by keme »

On the other hand, if you found the software through one of the many ripoff sites, chances are you read about "100% MS Office compatibility", and perhaps "Free 24/7 support". You weren't by any chance required to register and pay for access to a download link?

If so, then most likely...
The advertisers have no expense beyond advertising the existense of an Office suite. All development work has been done by others. (The site might provide a reliable download site, at best. In some cases it just redirects to one of the official OpenOffice.org download mirrors.)
The "100% ..." is something of an overstatement.
The "Free ... support" is this site and similar services powered by volunteers, who receive nothing of the payment.

That said, there are OpenOffice.org versions for sale that actually provide added value. The ripoffs are more common, though.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
sanmonei

Re: Change page layout from protrait to landscape

Post by sanmonei »

Thank you very much, useful information, did not know how to open the response, tried everything then I click on my post and opended the responses. Thank you again. I probably misunderstood the compatibility issue or might have been wishfull thinking in my part, wish everything could be as simple as copy and paste I know how to do that with no problem! I got the images download ok with your sugesstions, however the picture/photo/image/fonts are not of very good quality,specially the fonts, in other words it did not transfer as clear as the original, is there a way to transfer the file and keep the font quality intact? sorry for my lack of knowledge, thanks.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP