Credit card donation to OOo

Talk about anything at all....
mhubel

Credit card donation to OOo

Post by mhubel »

I have been trying to make a donation to the organization for some time. It seems that if you have a paypal account, it gives you no option but to make the donation from the account. As this account is not a company account, I don't want to do this. There is no system to simply make a donation using a credit card without creating a new paypal account. I guess I will just keep using the software for free.
TerryE
Volunteer

Re: Credit card donation to OOo

Post by TerryE »

I changed the title (admins can do that) since I assume that you are talking about wider OOo. I assume that you are referring to http://contributing.openoffice.org/donate.html which states "You can either process a payment via PayPal or credit card or ..." which then vectors you into the Paypal site. So you do seen to need a Paypal account. So at a minimum the OOo reference page should get its facts correct.

Secondly I confess that I have donated a penny to OOo (excluding the hundreds of ours pro bono time to this forum of course). The organisation doesn't expect contributions but it will accept them gratefully.

On a separate issue, I realise that you may be unwilling to have a Paypal account (I haven't also though I do use my wife's when needed), However, in these days of identity theft and Internet based credit card theft, the general recommendation is to use an "lock-out"service such as PaylPal or Google-checkout for all Internet transaction where you haven't established a regular trading history.