Sound from a Power Point slide show?

Discuss the presentation application
steamer99

Sound from a Power Point slide show?

Post by steamer99 »

I run the presentations for my church and I get some "presentations" handed to me that include a soundtrack for the slide show, is there a way to get "Impress" to play the sounds?
Hagar Delest

Re: Sound from a Power Point slide show?

Post by Hagar Delest »

We need to know what's your OS. Under Windows, it should do it but under Linux, you need to install the Java Media Framework to get multimedia files in the documents.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
steamer99

Post by steamer99 »

Sorry for not giving complete info:
The computer is a Acer laptop, Running Windows XP, Service Pack 2
I use the extended desktop on a "Viewsonic WPG-150" to send the pictures to the projector.
The "Virtual cable" for sending sound to the projector is disabled as I want the sound to come from the soundcatd to the Mixer for the church sound system.
Microsoft PowerPoint shower will play the sounds but only sends the video to the Pirimary monitor, so to get it on the projector I need to set the WPG to mirror mode not extend, and this disables some of the fetures that I need in our "SongBase" music presenter.
I really would like to avoid having to purchase PowerPoint but I must be 100% compatable with everything that they can give me on Sunday morning.

Thanks for the help.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

But does it work when you run the presentation on your machine (without using the projector) ?
Can you make a dummy file with just 2 slides and a part of the soundtrack and attach it here ?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10