[Solved] Convert Base to MS Access

Discuss the database features
Zylstra555

[Solved] Convert Base to MS Access

Post by Zylstra555 »

I am at my wits end, it seems impossible to do!
I cannot convert my Base documents to MS Access, or to Calc. There is no export wizard.

I have a database of 72 people with their addresses, I manage a family newsletter, and I need to get it converted to an Excel/Calc or MS Access format, or at least to HTML.

How do I do this?

Version of OOo: 2.3.1
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Convert Base to MS Access

Post by Villeroy »

Open a new spreadsheet.
Call the datasource window (F4)
Browse your database and drag a table onto a cell.
If you don't see your database among the datasources: Right-click in the datasouce window and call the dialog to register databases (make a Base file's tables and queries accessible in other components).
When you have imported your data in a spreadsheet, save in any format you like. Access can import text tables (*.csv) and *.xls.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Zylstra555

Re: Convert Base to MS Access

Post by Zylstra555 »

Villeroy wrote:Open a new spreadsheet.
Call the datasource window (F4)
Browse your database and drag a table onto a cell.
If you don't see your database among the datasources: Right-click in the datasouce window and call the dialog to register databases (make a Base file's tables and queries accessible in other components).
When you have imported your data in a spreadsheet, save in any format you like. Access can import text tables (*.csv) and *.xls.
You, are now, my hero!

Thank you so much! Thats exactly what I needed!
Liliane

Re: [Solved] Convert Base to MS Access

Post by Liliane »

Hi,

i have the same problem with one difference: I have tried to drag the table into the spreadsheet but only the names of the fields appeared the data i have entered. I am still using OpenOffice 2.4 and i have Windows Vista, if that makes any difference. I would appreciate if someone could help me, since i have entered the data of more than 500 customers.