User Default Settings

Discuss the presentation application
md2lgyk

User Default Settings

Post by md2lgyk »

I'm a new user of Impress, so I apologize if this is simple or has been addressed before. I can't figure out how to set new default settings. For example:

- When I open the program I do not want the Tasks pane to show.
- In Bullets & Numbering, the "spacing to text" is zero. I want 0.25 inches.
- When entering text, the line spacing defaults to some proportional setting. I want single space.

That's a few of the more annoying examples. I just want to be able to set a bunch of defaults and have them stick.
acknak

Re: User Default Settings

Post by acknak »

Sorry you never got an answer to your question--did you find a solution yet?

Have you read the Forum Survival Guide? You really are more likely to get some response if you stick to one question per post.
- When I open the program I do not want the Tasks pane to show.
You cannot turn the pane off. You can close it, but it will come back.

However, you can shrink it down to as small as you want using the slider: drag on the vertical bar between the editing pane and the task pane. The width you set will be restored every time you start Impress.
- In Bullets & Numbering, the "spacing to text" is zero. I want 0.25 inches.
All document settings like this are made by changing the appropriate style definition, then saving those settings in a template document. You can make the settings the program default by setting your custom template to be the default template.
- When entering text, the line spacing defaults to some proportional setting. I want single space.
I don't understand what you mean. Entering text where? The "Default" text style specifies single spacing; what is that doing that is not right?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23