How to open .wps files?

Not sure where to post? Post here!
sambo

How to open .wps files?

Post by sambo »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just have Writer version 3 installed...is there a way to open a file in .wps format? I'm stumped.

Thanks
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
sambo

Re: How to open .wps files?

Post by sambo »

Maybe there's a soloution using OO 3 but I have solved it for now using the webstie zamzar.com

If anyone know how please leave a reply..thanks again
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

OOo V3 cannot open WPS files. Either covert as you already did or save them in .doc format.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Arineckaig
Volunteer

Post by Arineckaig »

There is also a quick and dirty method suitable for the occasional file where you want to recover just the text without formatting. In Explorer use 'open with' OOo Writer and select "Text" from the "Filter Selection" dialog. Text should then be available but you will need to delete all the coding garbage.
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

If you still have access to Works, open them in that and save as .doc which OOo can open directly. Apart from that, your only other option is to use sites like Zamzar, as you have already found.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust