Download Open Office 3 for Mac Leopard

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
patriciaandlyn

Download Open Office 3 for Mac Leopard

Post by patriciaandlyn »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I downloaded Open Office 3 20 minutes ago on my Macbookpro.The download seemed to complete without problems and I transferred the file to applications as directed.Unable to open the program and the laptop froze with no response to the @force quit facility.
Laptop closed down and Open Office seems to have been cleared from the system.Message error 1712 appeared towards the end of this performance.

Where to now/I would like to use your software

Thank you for your help.I am the usual self taught non technical user.

Patricia Gara
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard + nil
Hagar Delest

Re: Download Open Office 3 for Mac Leopard

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi,

I see that you haven't had any reply for a month, have you managed to install OOo? I move your topic to the Mac forum, perhaps you'll find some hints in that section.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: Download Open Office 3 for Mac Leopard

Post by lgusaas »

patriciaandlyn wrote:I downloaded Open Office3 20 minutes ago on my Macbookpro.The download seemed to complete without problems and I transferred the file to applications as directed.Unable to open the program and the laptop froze with no response to the @force quit facility.
Laptop closed down and Open Office seems to have been cleared from the system.Message error 1712 appeared towards the end of this performance.
Do you have the file "OpenOffice.org.app" in your Applications folder? Not clear from your statement if that is what you put there or if you transferred the .dmg file instead.

What do you mean by "Open Office seems to have been cleared from the system"? Is it no longer in your Applications folder?

Please provide more information.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura