[Solved] Notes view in Impress

Discuss the presentation application
ambi

[Solved] Notes view in Impress

Post by ambi »

I am very happy with my OpenOffice-software package (version 2.3.1), but today I experienced a curious problem.
When I should add Notes to my slides, the position where the slide should be visible (at the top of the page) it is blank!
I have tested with an other presentation and then the slide is there properly.
Is there some setting which could have been changed or what could cause the problem?
I am having Windows XP as Operatin g System.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved]
acknak

Re: Notes view in Impress

Post by acknak »

Does the slide appear in the Notes view (tabs at top of center slide editing panel)?

Did you select the option to print the notes view? File > Print > Options
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
ambi

Post by ambi »

The slide did not appear in the Notes view (3rd tab), and only the inserted text in the Notes area is printed with the Notes option selected.
However I found that under the Task pane/Layouts (to the right) there is one layout. If I right click on this Layout, and select the option Apply to Selected slides, I was finding the solution: :D
1. Edit/Select all in the Slide pane (to the left)
2. Right click on the Layout in the Task pane
3. Select Apply to Selected slides

But why did the slides disappear in the first run? Did I make any changes in some settings by mistake, or are these steps always necessary?
acknak

Post by acknak »

Good work! I have no idea why the notes layout was not applied--that is the default and I've never had to change it.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23