Using an XSL style sheet as a template?

Using them, Making them, Finding them
greenman

Using an XSL style sheet as a template?

Post by greenman »

Hello,
I have a program (qforms) that creates XML text files, and sends them by email along with an XSL style sheet. Is there a way I can import the XSL style sheet, and use it as a template? (Maybe it isn't that simple; I'm not that familiar with XML) What I would like to do is be able to read qform's messages as forms, which can be edited and sent back.
Thanks for any help.
OOo 2.4.X on Debian + WinXP
acknak

Re: Using an XSL style sheet as a template?

Post by acknak »

I don't think OOo will do what you want.

It sounds like what you have is an XML form, with a style sheet that tells the application how to format and display the form.

That's entirely different from an application like OOo, even though OOo does use XML for storing the document data.

Have you tried opening the XML file in a browser like Firefox? Firefox has support (through an add-on) for XML Forms.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
greenman

Re: Using an XSL style sheet as a template?

Post by greenman »

Yes, that's what I want to do, but in addition to displaying, also edit the document within the form layout, and save it. Firefox does display it properly, but so far I have not been able to find anything that will allow it to be edited. These are forms that get sent from person to person via amateur radio, so something like Lotus Notes won't work.