OpenOffice.org keeps crashing with Vista

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
RenFromPenn

OpenOffice.org keeps crashing with Vista

Post by RenFromPenn »

HI,

I just got a new computer that runs Vista. I installed OpenOffice today and am very disappointed to find that it crashes every time I try to use it. The only thing that I try to do before every crash is scroll. That's it. Is there any hope or is OpenOffice just not compatible with Vista?

Heather
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista
Hagar Delest

Re: OpenOffice keeps crashing with Vista

Post by Hagar Delest »

Have you installed the latest version (3.0)? Your forum profile still shows 2.3.

You should try to reset your OOo user profile, especially if you've imported the personal data from a previous version (see [Tutorial] The OOo user profile).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RenFromPenn

Post by RenFromPenn »

Yes, I did download 3.0 and I didn't import anything. I am only trying to use files under 3.0 that we created with the previous version.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

That's not a normal behavior. Try to reset your OOo profile. If no improvement, make sure there is no security application preventing OOo from running. I think I've seen a thread with a similar issue but not sure. You should search the forum with at least the 'scroll*' keyword.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RenFromPenn

Post by RenFromPenn »

I have read the tutorial that you directed me to and I still can't seem to find the folder containing the user profile. Also, before I posted, I had already run a search here and I didn't come up with anything similar to this problem.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

The path to the profile in XP is C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data. Application Data is a hidden folder. You will need to change the windows settings to view hidden files and folders. I don't know the path for Vista but here is how you change the settings in Vista http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1521/how ... _in_vista/.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2