[Solved] Templates for Writer's

Using them, Making them, Finding them
oddball

[Solved] Templates for Writer's

Post by oddball »

Greetings,

I'm new to OpenOffice and am a write, of sorts..... was wanting to know whether anyone out there had any templates for professional publishing purposes, novel, short stories and the like. Looking for something that once text writing is complete could be sent directly to most publishers without have to frig around too much. I'm a macro idiot and therefore trying to avoid frustrating myself to the nth degree trying to accomplish something I'm not particulary suited to, if you know what I mean.

Looking for help in all the right places, I hope. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Regards......
Last edited by oddball on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.11 on MS Windows Vista SP2
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Templates for Wrtiter's

Post by thomasjk »

Try this site. There are some template packages there. http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
oddball

Post by oddball »

Thanks, but there's nothing really there that I could use, It's most dictionaries and conversions.

Anyone else?
OOo 3.11 on MS Windows Vista SP2
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

As you know, publishers and literary agents have different requirements for submissions, usually variations on a theme.

The easiest way to handle this is to use Styles. Styles are an important and powerful part of OOo, and if you want to get the most out of it you need to get to grips with them. The effort and time spent learning them is repaid many times. The advantages of Styles are that once you have defined a page style or a paragraph style or a heading style etc etc, to completely change the look and feel and layout or the formatting of the document you just modify the appropriate Style and the changes are instantly applied throughout the document. There's no need to touch macros for any of this, Styles are regular built-in functions throughout the OpenOffice.org suite of applications.

See Chapter 6 of the Writer's Guide.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

oddball wrote:Thanks, but there's nothing really there that I could use, It's most dictionaries and conversions.
On the left side of that page, there is a list of tags. One of them (among the biggest ones) is template.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10