Flat OpenDocument fodt on Windows

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
hanspoo

Flat OpenDocument fodt on Windows

Post by hanspoo »

Hi,

Our company developed a system based on flat open document xml format to produce custom online contracts, that are finally exported to pdf. Everything is working-

The problem is that our client is using windows XP and they need to customize the fodt documents, but they don't have the filter. We created the fodt files under Ubuntu that by default has the filter.

The windows users are using openoffice 2.4.

Is clear that the standard windows installation doeesn't come with the fodt filter. I've been unable to find a way to configure the filter in openoffice for my clients, i've tried: the dialog "xml filter configuration" leadme to look for a jar file that i don't found, then i visited xml.openoffice.org and there is the filter in a list, but has no files and is discontinued, finally somewhere i read that running the modification option of the setup program could work, but nothing... ¿ is fodt death ?

Please help.

Thanks for reading
Hans Poo, Web Developper
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x + windows
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Flat OpenDocument fodt on Windows

Post by r4zoli »

Most linux and Novell versions of OOo consist flat files XML-filters, Sun source based OOo-s not.
I never tried but my suggestion export from ubuntu XML filters and install it to your customers OOo.
Go to XML filter settings (Tools>XML Filter Settings...)select filter and save as package, on other OOo add package.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
acknak

Re: Flat OpenDocument fodt on Windows

Post by acknak »

There is a jar attached to this issue: http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=79345

I have no idea if that is up to date or not.

I know it was suggested that this not be made a standard part of OOo because only developers would need it, or even understand the purpose of it. As such, I would think this would be included in the OOo SDK, but as far as I can tell, it's not there.

The wiki http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Xml/Filters links to an empty CVS folder.

Maybe someone should file a bug asking that this filter be put in some publicly available and easy-to-find location.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
dr_agon

Re: Flat OpenDocument fodt on Windows - solved

Post by dr_agon »

The simple solution proposed by r4zoli saved me from redesigning a big project already working under Linux.
I exported 'OpenDocument Text Flat XML' filter from OO v.2.4 under Linux and successfully imported it into OO v3.0 under Windows. Now I can import/export files to/from OO Writer. It just works!!!. Thanks a lot!
OOo 2.4.X on Mepis + Windows, Ubuntu