Filename clears itself when changing directory

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
gadgit

Filename clears itself when changing directory

Post by gadgit »

When using Save-as functionality in OO.org, if you change the directory the filename is cleared from the "Location:" field causing me to type in the filename again. Really noticeable when opening docs form my email as it defaults to /tmp

More of an annoyance than anything. As a fix I simply copy and paste the filename when I get to the directory I want. I don't remember this being an issue in Windows, or if it is a new 'bug' since I switched away.

Using version 2.3.0 installed on Kubuntu 7.10. Co-worker confirms behavior is the same in Suse.
Hagar Delest

Re: Filename clears itself when changing directory

Post by Hagar Delest »

I can't reproduce that with OOo 2.3.1 on Ubuntu. I don't use the Ubuntu version of OOo, it may be a reason. If you want to give it a try, install the official version of OOo : [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co.

Do you save on a network ? could be another reason too.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Re: Filename clears itself when changing directory

Post by acknak »

I have seen this in some situations when using the Gtk file dialogs--very annoying.

You can try using the OOo dialogs (Tools > Options > OO.org > General > Open/Save Dialogs > Use OpenOffice.org dialogs = YES), or you can avoid the problem (I think) by unselecting the filename before you change the directory.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23