[Solved] Custom menu in templates

Using them, Making them, Finding them
slang4201

[Solved] Custom menu in templates

Post by slang4201 »

Hi All,

I have a custom menu calling StarBasic code that I want to make available to all documents based on the template in which the menu and code are in. After creating the documents based on the template, I find I want to add more menu commands and code and I want to have all those available to the documents already created that were based on the template.

When I add the menu and code and open a document that was created prior to the update to the template, the updated menu and code are NOT in the already-created documents. How can I link documents to templates such that changes to the template code and menu are propagated to the documents after they have been created.

I come to OO from many years of experience doing this sort of thing in MS Word, so I am confident it can happen!

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Steve Lang
GMT-8

[Solution]
The way to make this happen is to dynamically re-create the appropriate menu structure based on the host template of the active document. You need to link the code module that fires the new menu structure for a document type to the document activate event in the Customize dialog.
----------------
-Steve
OOo 3.1 on Ms Windows XP