[Solved] How do you insert drawing instead of whole page?

Discuss the drawing application
JimC

[Solved] How do you insert drawing instead of whole page?

Post by JimC »

I'm experimenting with inserting a draw illustration into a text document template. I tried looking through the draw guide but I'm not sure where the answer is in the guide and was wondering if someone could point out which section I should look, position and size for example or dimensioning. My problem is that when I make a drawing 3" by 3" for example, export as PNG, then try to insert on a page that is partially filled with text it fills the entire next page, with the little 3" x 3" drawing in it instead of just inserting the 3 x 3 in the page that I wanted to insert it on. How do you insert just the drawing itself instead of the whole page? Thanks in advance for the help. Jim
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
JimC

Re: How do you insert drawing instead of whole page?

Post by JimC »

Sorry for this post and all of these questions. I just tried one of Acknaks suggestions from one of my previous posts about using copy and paste and remembered that it inserted just the drawing, not the whole page. So this problem was already solved. Jim
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Glad you got it sorted.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the edit button and add [Solved] to the start of your title. You can also select the green 'tick' icon.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
JimC

(Solved)How do you insert drawing instead of whole page?

Post by JimC »

I even need help with the posts:). When I go to my original post ,put the cursor in subject, and click edit to enter solved, it puts the edit with brackets in the text instead of the subject. Anyway it's solved. Thanks, Jim Tried typing in solved in paenthesis. See if that works
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

The trick is, you go to the post, click Edit then click in the title.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
JimC

Re: [Solved] How do you insert drawing instead of whole page?

Post by JimC »

OK, TheGurka, got it! Thanks, Jim