[Solved] Set default font and size

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Tucson77

[Solved] Set default font and size

Post by Tucson77 »

Hello.
How to change default font size in Office Calc ? there is many options to update from Arial 10 to Arial 12, but all modify the opened document, not the default of Office.
There are also templates, but is it the method ? (edit do not show a previous template)

Why it is necessary to have suceeded at Harward to do such a little thing ?

Thanh's
Last edited by robleyd on Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]. Add green tick
TC - Open Office 4.1.15 & W11.
FJCC

Re: DEFAULT FONT SIZE

Post by FJCC »

Yes, a template is the method for controlling the default settings of your documents. Here is a short version of the instructions:
Set the Default cell style to have the font size you want and set up any other style preferences.
Choose the menu File -> Templates -> Save.
Name the template and save it in My Templates.
Go back out to the main screen and select the menu File -> Templates -> Organize.
Choose the template you saved and use the drop down list on the Commands button to make it the default template.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Tucson77

Re: Default font size

Post by Tucson77 »

Many thank's for the reply. I created a template with the font size adapted (arial 12). save it. i know it is ok because when i do it again it says already exist. i then, go to file template organize, and nothing appear. the window left part contain my models/background/presentations categories, the right part contains the item "new document" . my new template appear nowhere.

I think Harward is not enough...
FJCC

Re: Default font size

Post by FJCC »

You should have saved the template in the My Templates folder. When you then select File -> Templates -> Organize, you will see My Templates listed in the left panel. Double click on that and you will see your template in the list. Single click on your template, then click the little arrow next to the Command button and select Set As Default Template.
The image below shows that I have selected the template TimesNewRom12 and the Set As Default Template option.
DefaultTempl.PNG
DefaultTempl.PNG (32.23 KiB) Viewed 420 times
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
robleyd

Re: Set default font and size

Post by robleyd »

And of course remember to save as file type ODF Spreadsheet Template (.ots)
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Tucson77

Re: Set default font and size

Post by Tucson77 »

Fiiiiiine !!!
I finally understand the method. Many thanks.

When the team make this with ONE parameter, it will be more simple.