Lost all my files on OpenOffice 4.1.14

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
dsackerman48

Lost all my files on OpenOffice 4.1.14

Post by dsackerman48 »

I was using open office yesterday, not sure what I did but now my files are not in the icon after I open it. Luckily I have saved my files in a folder but I would like to be able to use the desktp icon to open them up? Need steps to succeed. Open office is not easy to use!
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on windows 10
FJCC

Re: lost all my files on open office 4.1.14

Post by FJCC »

Sorry, I'm not aware of any icon that displays a list of files. Your signature says you use Windows 10. Is that true? Are you right clicking on the OpenOffice icon and seeing a list of files?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: lost all my files on open office 4.1.14

Post by Bill »

dsackerman48 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:28 pm ...my files are not in the icon after I open it.
The only icon I know that would show files is a shortcut to the folder containing the files. Opening the shortcut would open the folder in File Explorer and display the files in the folder. This is not a standard icon that would be installed by OpenOffice. What is the name of the icon? What are its properties?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04