[Solved] Page numbering after Table of Contents

Discuss the word processor
Earthwalker

[Solved] Page numbering after Table of Contents

Post by Earthwalker »

I can't seem to make page numbers. Document has a title page, a table of contents page (nicely numbered) and chapters. All page styles are default. I want numbers on the pages. If I insert a footer, and then insert>field>page number, the title page appears as page 1, the TOC page 2, and no other pages are numbered. I can't find any sign that there are even any empty footers after the first two pages. Same with headers: no sign of any after the TOC. Where did I go wrong?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Page numbering after Table of Contents

Post by Hagar Delest »

See if that helps: [Tutorial] Page numbering.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

If Hagar's link doesn't help you solve your issue, you may consider posting a sample file. If you can't post the actual document you are having the issue with (because it is too big, contains restricted information/intellectual property, or other reason), make a "dummy" like this:
  • Save a copy of your file.
  • In the copy, delete everything after the 3rd page.
  • If there is anything on the remaining pages (outside the ToC) that should not be disclosed, you should be able to mangle it beyond recognition.
  • Hopefully your ToC is OK to publish in full. Do not refresh it if it can be avoided.
  • Save
  • Post a reply to your question here, and use the "Attachments" tab below the edit pane to attach your document file (the "public" copy).
A sample document will hold structural elements which may reveal the cause of your pagination problem. Pictures (screenshots) are fine for some purposes, but generally useless when it comes to investigating this kind of issue.
Nick N,

Post by Nick N, »

Hello, Good Morning,

Here's a bunch of pages preparation to be exported in PDF or whatsoever. All pages will be numbered, but the last.

Regards

Nick
Attachments
Numbered pages but not the last one.odt
(14.38 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Libre Office 6.0.7 on Ubuntu 18.04
Earthwalker

Re: [Tutorial] Page numbering

Post by Earthwalker »

Page style: that was my problem. All fixed. Thank you all!
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 10