Apply master document font to all sub documents

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
giova_kde2

Apply master document font to all sub documents

Post by giova_kde2 »

I have a master file that incorporates about thirty files that sometimes have different fonts and styles. Is it possible to lock the master file so as to adapt all the text of the input notes with the "Times New Roman" 8 font?
OpenOffice 3.1
Hagar Delest

Re: Apply master document font to all sub documents

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Th point of the master document is to apply the styles in the same manner for all sub-documents incorporated. Meaning that the sub-documents should have been made based on the master doc styles (or vice-versa) so that the names are the same and the master style take precedence on the sub-documents styles. Thus, the one incorporating the sub-docs in the master doc should be able to apply any style change he wants as long as the sub-docs use those very same style names.
If there has been direct formatting, I don't remember if the master doc will be able to change that (I don't think so).

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10