[Solved] Move paragraph to new page if it would cross pages

Discuss the word processor
stebobibo

[Solved] Move paragraph to new page if it would cross pages

Post by stebobibo »

Hi,
Is there a way to make it so that if your paragraph would cross 2 pages (span 2 pages), it will automatically move the whole paragraph to the new page for you? This would be a super useful feature, because I can't have any paragraphs crossing pages. I paste in new paragraphs in different spots of the document regularly, too. So it's super inefficient and unideal to add page breaks, because that'll mess things up for when I paste in new paragraphs. Thanks!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
MrProgrammer

Re: Paragraph would be moved to new page if it crosses pages

Post by MrProgrammer »

stebobibo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:00 am Is there a way to make it so that if your paragraph would cross 2 pages (span 2 pages), it will automatically move the whole paragraph to the new page for you?
Introduction to Styles
Read about Do not split paragraph in Help → OpenOffice Help → Index:
202306241728.jpg
202306241728.jpg (44.96 KiB) Viewed 724 times
stebobibo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:00 am I paste in new paragraphs in different spots of the document regularly, too.
If you paste from a web page, you are also pasting formatting from that page. This may interfere with formatting you have previously set in Writer. To avoid the problem use Edit → Paste Special → Unformatted Text.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
stebobibo

Re: [Solved] Move paragraph to new page if it would cross pages

Post by stebobibo »

Thanks for answering, and sorry for the late reply!
Open Office 4.1.5