[Solved] Format Numbers in a Pivot Table

Discuss the spreadsheet application
b.mckerchar

[Solved] Format Numbers in a Pivot Table

Post by b.mckerchar »

My pivot table shows numbers with decimal places and I want to format these numbers to display the numbers without the decimal places.

Please guide me as I cannot find a way to do this.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Apache Open Office Version 4.1.15
Operating System: macOS Ventura Version 13.6.4
FJCC

Re: Format Numbers in a Pivot Table

Post by FJCC »

Short answer:
Set the Pivot Table Value and Pivot Table Result cell styles to have an integer number format.

Longer answer:
Access the Styles & Formatting tool, either in the Sidebar where it is the second icon down, or through the menu Format -> Styles & Formatting. Click the Cell Styles icon, which is the left icon of the two small icons near the top left of the Styles and Formatting window. RIght click on the Pivot Table Value style and select Modify. On the Numbers tab, set the category to Number and the Format to -1234, which has a format code of 0. Click OK and the numbers in the body of the table will be shown as integers. If you want to totals to also be integers, modify the Pivot Table Result style in the same way.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
b.mckerchar

Re: Format Numbers in a Pivot Table

Post by b.mckerchar »

Thank you FJCC, resolved.
Apache Open Office Version 4.1.15
Operating System: macOS Ventura Version 13.6.4