OpenOffice Crashing

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
pizzapete

OpenOffice Crashing

Post by pizzapete »

My open office crashes when I open a specific text file. This only happens with 1 file. I have previously opened and edited the file. Now when I open it, the program opens the document, it briefly displays and then after about 1 second the program closes. I opened a different text file on my system and the program does not crash.
OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Windows 11 Home
FJCC

Re: Open Office Crashing

Post by FJCC »

Please post the file here so we can see what happens on other computers. To post a file, click Post Reply and look for the Attachments tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Hagar Delest

Re: OpenOffice Crashing

Post by Hagar Delest »

Resetting your OpenOffice user profile may help but would not bet on that if the problem is with one file only.
Attachments are limited to 128KBi here. Use a 3rd party web site for sharing files if bigger.

You can try LibreOffice (or at least a portable version first) to check if it does better.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

If you want to try LibreOffice, there are several good reasons why you should anyway, then you might find this thread helpful: [Tutorial] Considering a Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice? Some Useful Information
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
pizzapete

Post by pizzapete »

I want to attach the file for others to test, it exceeds the maximum file size. I see the suggestion to use a 3rd party to send the file. I am not sure how to accomplish this. Do I send it to another email? The file is 1.31 mb. Thank you.
OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Windows 11 Home
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

You can post it on a personal cloud drive, like Google Drive or One Drive, and make it publicly available, or you can use a file sharing site like MediaFire.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.